If you’re looking for an international internship experience, then our ‘Intern or Trainee’ USA program is a unique and exciting opportunity to consider!
Do you have passion for the hospitality, tourism, or culinary industries? Do you have at least 5 years of experience in your profession? Do you want to see first-hand what your industry looks like in the USA?
Are you still in university or within one year of graduation?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, our Intern and Trainee program may be perfect for you!
These programs offer U.S. training and experience with renowned hotels, resorts and restaurants for up to 12 months. Upon completion of the program, you will have a month to travel around the USA, immersing yourself in local cultures and customs as you desire!
Intern or Trainee USA -This is a professional internship with well-respected host employers and companies, who are ready and waiting for YOU.
Experience & know-how
Travel & Entertainment
English Language Immersion
We have something for everyone. Join us and discover an internship of international standards, in high-class hotels, restaurants, resorts, and tourist centers, which can create personal and professional opportunities that you could never dream would be possible!
- Gain valuable experience in your chosen career field,
- Greatly improve your English level to Advanced
- Develop professional skills and experience to an internationally recognised standard
- Acquire know-how from industry leaders, learn the best from the best, and actually enjoy going to train each day
- Experience daily life in the U.S., training alongside international and American colleagues and living in USA communities
During this program you will gain valuable know-how that will open the door to an incredible career for you.
Become a ‘PRO-fessional’ in every sense of the word!
What areas of hospitality can you gain experience in?
- Gastronomy – Culinary focus for those training to be chefs or with cooking experience
- Food & Beverage - Front of house restaurant training including serving, banquets, in-room dining, and host/ess.
- Room Division – including housekeeping supervisory
- Front Desk/Operations - Front Desk, Reservations, Concierge
You may wish to focus all of your time perfecting the one profession of your heart? Or, if that’s not for you, we also offer a very flexible opportunity to divide your internship across 2 or even more professions of your choice. Broaden your horizons and discover your true passion by, spending 6 months in Food & Beverage and the other 6 months in a 5 star Hotel reception. You could go even further by spending 4 months as a cook or chef, 4 months in security and your final 4 months as a concierge, for example. We will help you tailor your internship to your individual desires and professional needs.
An additional 30 days for sightseeing, traveling, and adventure
The program gives you up to 30 days after your training ends to travel around the USA, seeing the cities and sights that you’ve dreamed of seeing.
This is a great opportunity to make new friends, visit the most interesting and unusual places in the USA, and experience a fantastic adventure designed just for you! All the attractions of the United States will be at your fingertips, from breathtaking natural wonders and picturesque beaches with high waves to legendary cities like New York and Los Angeles. You will never be bored!
Program Fee - 4250 USD (in small, convenient payments)
The Intern or Trainee program with Alliance Abroad is your best guarantee for a safe and well-organized experience. You will have a thorough training plan with a fantastic American host company with a guaranteed stipend prior to leaving home. Zero risk and with maximum benefit.
We offer an opportunity for you to pay a smaller fee up front ($1000 USD) and make payments after you start your program and start receiving a paycheck. Convenient, simple, and without hidden fees or costs:
- $250 USD application fee
- $750 USD payable upon accepting your offer of internship
- $3250 USD in 10 monthly installments from your salary once in the USA
- SEVIS fee (220 USD)
- J-1 visa fees (160 USD + 50 USD)
- Round trip airfare
- Food and entertainment
What’s included in the program fee?
- Internship in the USA for up to 12 months
- Paid training with quality host companies
- Assistance with the J-1 visa application process
- Interview preparation, advice, and readiness
- Support acquiring suitable, safe, affordable local accommodation
- Pre-departure information, training, and advice (orientation)
- Medical insurance (an invaluable add-on considering the high cost of any medical treatment, should you need it during your stay)
Terms & Conditions of the Internship & Trainee USA program
Requirements for the Intern program:
- At least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in university or degree program or within one year of graduation
- Pursuing an internship in your field of study
- Sufficient English to participate successfully
- Valid passport
Requirements for the Trainee program:
- At least 18 years of age
- A degree plus one year of experience OR five years of related experience
- Sufficient English to participate successfully
- Valid passport
How do I get started?
- Complete our simple application form in which you describe your qualifications, competencies, and expectations.
- Provide documents and evidence that we require to ensure you are eligible for the program. We give you access and assistance to the portal in which you will update your information on an ongoing basis.
- After completing the qualification process, it will be time to find and select the offer that best meets your expectations and desires from the program. We will support you and guide you throughout this process.
- Next, you will meet and be interviewed by your prospective host company
- Formal acceptance of the internship offer. Once the employer accepts your application, it's now time to begin your adventure of a lifetime.
- Now we prepare your Training Plan, to be agreed and signed by both you and your new host company.
- Finally, we issue the DS-2019 document, allowing you to apply for a J-1 visa. You can apply for it at the nearest embassy or consulate. (As listed above, an application for a visa appointment will typically cost 160 USD plus 50 USD processing fee).
What's left to do? Pack your bags, book your flights, let your host company know when you’re arriving, and start your internship in the USA! You will create memories and experiences that you will never forget. All while improving your English language and professional skills, knowledge and experience.
Attractive conditions and comprehensive support
We have been helping students and graduates undertake internships abroad for over 30 years.. We support Intern& Trainee participants through every aspect of the program from your very first contact and application, to arrival in the US and until you’ve successfully completed your 12 months placement. We provide a wide range of extra benefits to make your stay in the USA much more accessible.
Get opinions about the program and Alliance Abroad
“Since I finished the gastronomic technical college, I couldn't find the perfect job. I have worked in many restaurants, more or less professional, but unfortunately without the prospect of developing into managerial positions. And my dream has always been to become a chef. After 7 years of struggling and the lack of milestones, I decided to put everything on one card. I raised money for the Trainee Culinary USA program from Alliance Abroad and I was able to go to train for almost a year that I had never dreamed of. I worked in one of the best restaurants in… New York! And this is at the side of real gastronomy artists. In less than 12 months, I gained more experience and skills than in these 7 years of working in the country. And most importantly, I received a complete knowledge of how to cook or arrange a menu to meet the expectations of guests and stand out from the competition. This experience will allow me to fulfill my dream of my own restaurant. "
“I study hospitality and tourism. With the money earned on weekends, I decided to make a Gap Year and go to the States to improve my English and experience an interesting adventure before I have to apply for a permanent job after graduation. It was one of the best decisions I have made. As part of the Intern program, I was able to take a paid internship at the reception of one of the most prestigious hotels in the United States! Very soon after my arrival, my English improved.. Constant contact with guests and employees of different nationalities made English a completely natural language for me after some time. During the internship, I also gained many other valuable skills that will surely be useful in my professional development after graduation. But what I am most pleased with is the long stay in the States (12 months), thanks to which I met fantastic friends and visited really unusual, Unique places in the USA. It was an unforgettable experience that cannot be described until you try it yourself. I highly recommend!"
“I have been looking for an internship abroad for a long time. I wanted to go somewhere right after my studies to gain some international experience and improve my English. I knew that this would give me an advantage on the labor market and I would be able to apply for more serious or better-paid positions faster.. And I was right. After completing the program with Alliance Abroad, where I had the chance to prove myself at work in a very good hotel, I returned to the country and submitted my CV to several places. After a few days, I got invitations from all companies for an interview. I received job offers from several companies. What distinguished me from other candidates was my experience in a reputable, American company alongside the best in the hotel industry. Great English, both spoken and written, has also become an invaluable asset. I recommend a similar step to everyone who wants to develop and raise their professional qualifications right after graduation. "
What is worth knowing about going to the USA as part of the Intern & Trainee program? See the most frequently asked questions by other participants.