Hospitality and Culinary Internships
Program Length: 6-12 Months
About This Program
The J1 Intern & Trainee program allows Hospitality & Culinary university students or recent graduates to temporarily travel and live in the U.S while learning the latest industry trends and best practices from some of the most prominent hotel chains and branded Travel and tourism corporations. Experience the American hospitality culture. Put into practice your knowledge and talents while improving your skills training with some of the hospitality and culinary leaders of the world.
Hospitality is the art of making people feel welcome and showing people that you care but goes way further. It requires being authentic and genuine and professional. It’s connecting with people and earning their trust while you do your very best to create a perfect environment, a memorable meal, a wonderful experience. The secret to great hospitality is not available in any book, it needs practice, and its master by observing and doing! Our programs offer some of the best opportunities to learn and practice the art of hospitality with some of the best-known companies in the US.
AAG is an officially designated U.S. Department of State sponsors for the Exchange Visitor Intern and Trainee Programs. That means we understand the visa process and the requirements involved in receiving approval.
What will I be doing?
We’re partnered with some of the best and biggest corporations in the US who are looking for international talent to train and watch grow. Some of the types of businesses that are hiring now:
- Hotel Chains
- High-End Resorts
- Ski Resorts
- Golf clubs
- Amusement Parks
- National Parks
There are many opportunities and positions available with all types of qualified businesses – we can find something that is a perfect match for your own unique skillset and experience.
"The best part of this internship is that I can learn… and I can apply that to an actual business. I think it’s a very good opportunity to me and most of all, I can work with my wonderful co-workers."
- Jisu Han, Intern
* For training programs in the field of agriculture, the maximum duration of program participation is 12 months. If an original Training Plan specifies that at least six months of a program includes related classroom participation and studies, training programs in the field of agriculture may be designated for a total duration of 18 months.
- Must currently be a full-time student or
- A recent graduate (No more than 12 months ago) holding a post-secondary academic degree from an institution outside of the U.S.
- Must speak fluent English
Must commit to leaving the U.S. within thirty (30) days following the last day of the J1 program.
- Positions are 6 – 12 months in duration
- Must be a recent graduate, or
- A professional with at least 5 years of related work experience.
- Must speak excellent English.
- Must commit to leaving the U.S. within thirty (30) days following the last day of the J1 program.
- Positions are 6 – 18* months in duration.
What This Program Includes
Position secured before arriving in the U.S. so you know exactly where you are going and start earning right away.
Resume and Interview Preparation
We help you with your resume and interview preparation so you make a great first impression and land the right job.
We work with you in advance to prepare you for your adventure in the U.S. and provide you with an orientation about what to expect.
Guidance on visa requirements and travel medical insurance.
Customized Training Plan
We work with your employer to ensure the training plan is a unique experience and highlights all the skills and methodologies you will learn while on the program.
24/7 emergency support from our U.S. based support teams
Help with obtaining needed tax file number and referral for tax support through Sprintax.
Program Expectations and Eligibility
It all starts with a simple step! Filling the application form, which will take you through some basic questions to pre-assess your eligibility. Once we receive it, we will invite you for a quick call to talk and make sure this is a good option for you! We will discuss what you would like to get out of this experience and ensure you are eligible for the program based on the current regulations. We will also assess your English level to ensure suitability.
Intern Trainee Hospitality Full Placement
Up to 6 months
Intern Trainee Hospitality Full Placement
Up to 12 months
Intern Trainee Hospitality Self Placement
Up to 18 months
What is included?
- Screening for Program Eligibility
- Host Company Application processing (FULL)
- Placement vetting (SELF)
- Visa Sponsorship
- Pre-departure Orientation
- DS-2019 processing and shipping costs
- SEVIS registration and administration
- Personalized ongoing support with an AAG Outreach Coordinator
- 24-hour emergency support
- Medical insurance (Covering full program dates)
- Cultural activities’ monitoring and support
- Monthly check-ins
- Administrative costs
Fees specific to your placement will be outlined in the Alliance Abroad Program Disclosure Document.
Alliance Abroad advises that you bring at least $2,000 to the U.S. to cover your initial living expenses prior to receiving your first paycheck. Please note that the recommended amount does not include housing expenses.
Prices can change without notice