Business & Tech Internships
Program Length: 12-18* Months
About This Program
The J1 Intern & Trainee program allows you to learn the latest in American business trends and practices while making personal connections with industry leaders. Your talents will shine while your skills grow working for a US-based company. Experience American corporate culture, where working smarter and not harder is key. Discover what industries are looking for in hiring new employees, gain knowledge from the best in your area of studies, and learn the latest and more innovative trends and practices.
This program offers the opportunity to live in the U.S. while participating in a work-based training program. With guaranteed paid placement, our programs offer academic enrichment, work experience, and cultural experience for students and young professionals.
AAG is an officially designated U.S. Department of State sponsors for the Exchange Visitor Intern and Trainee Programs. That means we understand the visa process and the requirements involved in receiving approval.
What will I be doing?
We’re partnered with some of the best and biggest corporations in the US who are looking for international talent to train and watch grow. Some of the types of businesses that are hiring now:
- Farms and wineries
- Marketing Agencies
- Goods and Services corporations
- Consulting entities
- Law Firms
- Tech Companies
- Accounting Firms
There are many opportunities and positions available with all types of qualified businesses – we can find something that is a perfect match for your own unique skillset and experience.
"The best part of this internship is that I can learn… and I can apply that to an actual business. I think it’s a very good opportunity to me and most of all, I can work with my wonderful co-workers."
- Jisu Han, Intern
* For training programs in the field of agriculture, the maximum duration of program participation is 12 months. If an original Training Plan specifies that at least six months of a program includes related classroom participation and studies, training programs in the field of agriculture may be designated for a total duration of 18 months.
- Must currently be a full-time student or
- A recent graduate (No more than 12 months ago) holding a post-secondary academic degree from an institution outside of the U.S.
- Must speak fluent English
Must commit to leaving the U.S. within thirty (30) days following the last day of the J1 program.
- Positions are 6 – 12 months in duration
- Must be a recent graduate, or
- A professional with at least 5 years of related work experience.
- Must speak excellent English.
- Must commit to leaving the U.S. within thirty (30) days following the last day of the J1 program.
- Positions are 6 – 18* months in duration.
What This Program Includes
Position secured before arriving in the U.S. so you know exactly where you are going and start earning right away.
Resume and Interview Preparation
We help you with your resume and interview preparation so you make a great first impression and land the right job.
We work with you in advance to prepare you for your adventure in the U.S. and provide you with an orientation about what to expect.
Guidance on visa requirements and travel medical insurance.
Customized Training Plan
We work with your employer to ensure the training plan is a unique experience and highlights all the skills and methodologies you will learn while on the program.
24/7 emergency support from our U.S. based support teams
Help with obtaining needed tax file number and referral for tax support through Sprintax.
Program Expectations and Eligibility
It all starts with a simple step! Filling the application form, which will take you through some basic questions to pre-assess your eligibility. Once we receive it, we will invite you for a quick call to talk and make sure this is a good option for you! We will discuss what you would like to get out of this experience and ensure you are eligible for the program based on the current regulations. We will also assess your English level to ensure suitability.
What is included?
- Screening for Program Eligibility
- Host Company Application processing (FULL)
- Placement vetting (SELF)
- Visa Sponsorship
- Pre-departure Orientation
- DS-2019 processing and shipping costs
- SEVIS registration and administration
- Personalized ongoing support with an AAG Outreach Coordinator
- 24-hour emergency support
- Medical insurance (Covering full program dates)
- Cultural activities’ monitoring and support
- Monthly check-ins
- Administrative costs
Fees specific to your placement will be outlined in the Alliance Abroad Program Disclosure Document.
Alliance Abroad advises that you bring at least $2,000 to the U.S. to cover your initial living expenses prior to receiving your first paycheck. Please note that the recommended amount does not include housing expenses.
Prices can change without notice